This article outlines the steps you should take when upgrading your Java RESTful Engine to a new version when its availible.
All you need to upgrade the Java RESTful Engine to a newer version is the new ROOT.war file for the new version.
- Ensure that the RESTful Engine is not running (run the shutdown.sh file in the bin folder)
- Delete the RESTful file in
Tomcat/webapps(delete the ROOT directory and the ROOT.war file)
If you have any special configurations in your WindwardReports.properties file and dont want to go through setting it up again, we recommend you move the WindwardReports.properties file from the RESTful directory before deleting it, and placing it in the new RESTful directory when its setup.
- After deleting the previous ROOT file and directory, paste the new one in the
- To extract the WAR start the RESTful engine by running the
startup.shfile in the
- Navigate to
/opt/apache-tomcat-9.0.10/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/classes/. Make sure you have the license key set in the WindwardReports.properties
- Shutdown the engine by running the
shutdow.shfile in the
Tomcat/bin, then start it up again by running the
- Your new Java RESTful engine is now setup and ready to use.